Scuba diving in the Sea of Cortés is an unforgettable experience, with caves, reefs, and sand falls to explore. The following are some favorite dive locations suitable for beginner scuba divers to experience (average depth: 40ft.) near Cabo San Lucas: Pelican Rock and the North Wall.
Diving conditions are great all year. June to December offer the greatest visibility, warmest water and longest periods of calm weather. Visibility can exceed 100 feet, and the temperature averages between 78°F and 85°F.
On this excursion you will:
- Join certified dive instructors for a short orientation
- Test your skills and gain some confidence in shallow water
- Once you’re ready, be taken up to 20-40 feet below the surface
- Encounter schooling fish and brilliant coral formations indigenous to the Sea of Cortez
Share an exciting day
In this dive, we’ll swim next to huge boulders covered with sea fans, sponges, tropical fish, eels, guitarfish, seahorses, scorpion stonefish, octopus, pufferfish, sometimes stingrays and mobule rays as well as turtles passing by.
- Dives: 1
- Boat: 46″ Newton Special
- Water Temp: 25-30°C / 77-86°F
- Average Visibility: 12 m / 39 ft
- Depth: 9-15 mts / 30-50 ft
|CHECK IN TIME||Hotel pick up and drop off.|
Times Available In Cabo San Lucas: 8 AM or 2 PM
*Activity Level: Moderate
*We will contact you before tour date to arrange pick up time at your hotel.
*Scuba diving equipment fee: $35 USD will be collected at check in location.
*We provide free round-trip transportation on this tour.
*Tour is subject to availability, we recommend you book at least 24 hours in advance.
WHAT TO BRING
- Change of clothes
- Money for Scuba diving equipment fee: $35 USD, gratuity and optional purchases
- Biodegradable Sunscreen
- Additional items will be covered with the dive instructor prior to course
- Minimum age: 10 years old
- Maximum age: 60 years old
- Maximum weight: 265 lbs (120 kg)
- Expecting mothers are restricted
- Based on PADI’s flying after diving recommendations, beginner divers shouldn’t fly within 12 hours after a dive
- Guests with respiratory, cardiovascular or ear problems are restricted
- Avoid being under the influence of alcohol or drugs while diving
- Good mental and physical conditions are required
- An acknowledgement of risk will need to be signed before participation